Each year, a team of over 20 team leads supported by hundreds of festival volunteers pull off Ottawa’s most colourful events for thousands of festival goers!
Want to be part of it?
We want to hear from you! Current opportunities are below listed below.
Capital Pride is committed to ensuring diversity in our organization and our festival. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify as a member of underrepresented communities (e.g. trans and non-binary, two-spirited, people with disabilities, and people of colour).
Board of Directors
Ottawa Capital Pride is looking for new board members to help organize Pride 2018 and beyond! We are looking for people who are passionate leaders looking to use their skills to contribute to the success of Capital Pride.
Ottawa Capital Pride brings together a team of dedicated staff and volunteers to organize the Capital Pride Festival each year. The festival creates a space for celebration, advocacy and education for dozens of community groups and includes more than 60 community events across the region. The festival culminates with a massive weekend of events which includes our community fair, main stage and beer garden and the pride parade.
We are looking for a group of candidates who, together, will have a broad range of experience and contribute an array of skills that will benefit the organization and who reflect the diversity of the community we serve. Skills and experience that are welcomed (but certainly is not limited to) include:
- Strategic planning
- Community engagement
- Event and festival management
- Traditional and social media communications
- Human resources and volunteer management
- Experience involved in non-profit organizations
- Accounting and financial management
- Information management and administration
- Non-profit governance and experience serving as a director for other non-profit organizations
- Experience with, or involvement in, LGBTQ community organizations
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume that outlines the experience and skills you
will bring to Ottawa Capital Pride. Applicants are asked to answer the following questions in
their cover letters:
- Why are you interested in joining Ottawa Capital Pride?
- What experience and skills will you contribute to the Capital Pride Team?
- Are you already involved in the LGBTQ community in Ottawa?
- Where do you see Ottawa Capital Pride three years from now? How do you see yourself contributing to that future?
Members of the community are asked to submit applications no later than January 15, 2018 to email@example.com. Please note, applicants will be reviewed on a revolving basis during the application period and so please feel free to apply early.