Anticipated start date: Immediately
Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
Want to be part of the dynamic and passionate team that provides direction and management to the largest Pride festival in the region? Do you have financial skills and expertise to lend to a not-for-profit organization with a major impact? Can you help us take our organization to the next level? You may just be the ideal candidate to hold the officer position of Treasurer on the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Capital Pride (the “Organization”)!
Capital Pride brings together a team of dedicated staff and volunteers to organize the Capital Pride Summer Festival each year, and other year-round events. The organization creates opportunities to celebrate, advocate, educate and connect people, respecting the full diversity of the LGBTQ2+ community in Canada’s capital region.
The Treasurer ensures the Board can exercise its critical financial oversight and management role. Further, the Treasurer is responsible for:
- Providing accurate and timely (top-/bottom-line and cash flow) monthly reports on our $400,000 operating budget (2018);
- Overseeing compliance with relevant laws and regulations, policies and resolutions of the Board;
- Preparing detailed annual budgets with the Head of Operations (Festival Director);
- Chairing the Finance Committee;
- Liaising with financial institutions, accountants and auditors;
- Assisting with bookkeeping tasks, including basic tasks in the accounting software Quickbooks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume that outlines the experience and skills you will bring to Capital Pride, no later than January 1, 2019, to email@example.com.
Capital Pride is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and, in particular, applications are encouraged from members of the LGBTQ2+ community, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, persons living with HIV, newcomers, women, and francophones.