Whether you’re a student looking to gain new skills or a seasoned professional looking to give back, we need dedicated volunteers to take a leadership role in planning and executing specific parts of the festival as a member of our Operations Team.
You’ll work closely with the Festival Director and different board members in performing the duties of your role. Through spring and early summer, you can expect to commit about five hours per week, increasing up to ten hours in late July and through August. Depending on your role, you may be needed for one or more full days during Pride Week, which runs August 20-26. A further five hours will be needed in early September for debriefing and reporting.
Our festival is built on a strong foundation of dedicated volunteers with strong leadership skills, who always see their project through completion. Please be prepared to make this commitment to us if applying for any of these roles.
Please note the following applies to all roles:
- Member of, or ally to, the LBGTQ+ Community and a commitment to operating within an anti-oppressive work framework
- 18 years of age or over
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in busy and occasionally high-stress situations
- Ability to take ownership of role and make reasoned decisions
- Ability to coordinate and supervise other volunteers
- Participate in Operations Committee meetings
- Organized and efficient working style
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Additional requirements are included in the individual role descriptions
- Knowledge of, and experience volunteering in, the LBGTQ2+ community
- Experience working with volunteers
- Additional assets are included in the individual role descriptions
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to our Festival Director Christian Garceau at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, April 1, 2018. Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.